January 11, 2015

Review: Ignite Me (Shatter Me #3) by Tahereh Mafi

Release Date: February 4th, 2014
Rating: 5 Well-Deserved Stars!!






Blurb:
With Omega Point destroyed, Juliette doesn’t know if the rebels, her friends, or even Adam are alive. But that won’t keep her from trying to take down The Reestablishment once and for all. Now she must rely on Warner, the handsome commander of Sector 45. The one person she never thought she could trust. The same person who saved her life. He promises to help Juliette master her powers and save their dying world … but that’s not all he wants with her.



Let me first say that I am so devastated this series is over. I have yet to read the Fracture Me and Destroy Me novellas, and I hope when I do, they fill the void left in my heart.

I’ll miss the characters tremendously. I love how each person started off a certain way in my head, then developed into someone else entirely by series end.



Warner, omgsh, Warner.

How will I survive without any more Warner in my life?


No more of this:

“It’s not charity,” I snap. “He cares about me—and I care about him!”

Warner nods, unimpressed. “You should get a dog, love. I hear they share much the same qualities.” 

Or this:

“You allow the world to think you’re a heartless murderer,” I tell him. “And you’re not.”

He laughs, once; his eyebrows lifting in surprise. “No,” he says. “I’m afraid I’m just the regular kind of murderer.”

Ok, the last one was a tad bit creepy, but that’s Warner! Honest and unapologetic for who he is.



I’ll miss Juliette and how she grew from the timid, scared, crying girl she always was into someone who wasn’t afraid to lead a resistance. Deathly, beautiful, and brave. Not how I would have described her in Shatter Me at all.



Oh, Kenji. I will miss his wit and sarcastic humor. He made me laugh when my heart was hurting from all of the love triangle drama.



Adam. I don’t even know what to say about Adam. It's so unfortunate he turned into a major jerk! I’m kind of glad, though. It made it easier to accept Warner with my whole heart.




The end scene was amazing. I got the chills so bad and goosebumps all over my arms when that hand came up on the roof.

Read it, guys! It’s the first series I’ve found in a while that quickly became an all-time favorite that I’ll read over and over again in the future.








No comments:

Post a Comment