February 1, 2015

Reviw: Fairest (Lunar Chronicles Novella) by Marissa Meyer

Release Date: January 27th, 2015
Rating: 4.5 stars

Blurb:

Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Who is the fairest of them all?


Fans of the Lunar Chronicles know Queen Levana as a ruler who uses her “glamour” to gain power. But long before she crossed paths with Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress, Levana lived a very different story – a story that has never been told . . . until now.



I finally read it!! I bought Fairest the second it came out, but had been drowning in other books I needed to read. I finally got around to reading it at midnight last night and I could NOT put it down until I read the entire thing! I love it, I love it, I love it so much!



Why I loved it:

Finally knowing what Queen Levana looks like without her Glamour and veil. Omgsh, creepy much?! I read that excerpt over and over, just picturing her in my head. Sigh, I would almost feel sorry for her but she is just so freakin' evil!!

Channary. Whew, if you thought Levana was ruthless, you need to read about Channary. The things she did.. I can't even fathom. My heart fell a little when I read what she did to Levana. Her own sister! I couldn't believe it. Channary is the epitome of malevolence.

The foreshadowing. Marissa Meyer is the queen of writing clues into the early chapters of her books. You almost always know what's coming, but there's still something so satisfying about being right!

Queen Levana's POV in general. Sometimes, when I read the back-story of a villain, I sympathize with them to the point of not hating them anymore. They're no longer the villain because I understand the history that drove them to become the way they are. So a thank you to Marissa Meyer for keeping my hate for Levana alive! I almost felt sorry for her in the beginning of the book, but then her cruelty started emerging and I couldn't feel any compassion for her anymore! All of this over a man!! Extremely disgusting! Ugh, I pitied Levana for her pathetic attempts at forcing the man to love her! Like, quit being delusional already, he will never love you!!!


Lunar Chronicles fans, you need to read this now if you haven't!



No comments:

Post a Comment