April 9, 2015

Feature & Follow: Books That Surprised Me

Feature and Follow is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.

The point of Feature and Follow is to meet new people & gain followers in the book blog community!

How it works: Each week, Rachel and Alison post a question for bloggers to answer, provide a bloghop link, and choose two lucky participants to feature in their blogs!



Question of the Week: Have you ever read a book you thought you'd hate but loved? Or vice versa? - suggested by A Great Read



Yes! This happens quite often! The book series that first comes to mind is Fifty Shades of Grey. I thought I'd hate it to pieces! As a matter of fact, there were plenty of times that I did hate it. I couldn't stand Ana's inner goddess and all that biting her lip nonsense. I literally wanted to rip my hair out 75% of the time. The thing is, when it was all said and done, I realized I actually LOVED these books. I loved the nonsense story. I loved Christian. I loved hating Ana. I loved imagining I had a sexy billionaire boyfriend. I loved laughing at how ridiculous everything was. It was the most entertaining read I'd had in a while. Weird, huh?

How about you? Have you ever read a book you thought you'd hate but loved, or vice versa?

No comments:

Post a Comment